The last weekend of my parents' visit we drove 4 hours north to Madikwe Game Reserve, located just south of the Botswana border. We found almost all the Big Five...unfortunately the leopard eluded us. We did, however, see a pack of 14 African Wild Dogs take down an Impala. Since the African Wild Dog is the second most endangered predator in Africa and seeing just one of the is special, this was once in a life time. Thanks to our fabulous guide JP!
For once I am going to keep my comments to a minimum...most of Jeremy's photographs really speak for themselves.
For once I am going to keep my comments to a minimum...most of Jeremy's photographs really speak for themselves.

I am the king and you are not....

...and I have the teeth to prove it. (he was yawning, not attacking us)

the white rhino, much more common than the black rhino


African sunsets, there's nothing like them.

This owl was not amused in the slightest by Jeremy's flash.

Riddle me this: white with black stripes? Or black with white stripes?

Female spotted Hyena

...and her baby!

Female lion...

...and her baby.

Fully grown bull elephants eat 250 kg of food daily. Even Fuggles doesn't eat that much.
Hakuna Matata.......sing along kids!
African wild dogs hunting...
...successfully (yes, that's a rib cage).
A brown hyena has just arrived on the scene to try and get in on the feast...the dogs are on alert.
No comments:
Post a Comment